Re: cse471 hm#2 and project1 questions

Sorry, I didn't see this part earlier.

The b+1/b-1 ratio is the "asymptotic" ratio i.e., if you take

A ==  # nodes expanded by IDDFS

B ==  # nodes expanded by dfs

take  A/B  and consider its value as Limit d==>infinity, then you get
b+1/b-1

In otherwords, this ratio is not going to be exact for small values of
d, although it is very close.

The whole thing falls apart when b=1 anyways, and finding out what the
true ratio will be for the special case of b=1 is what the homework
asks you to do.

Rao

tzimmer> M>
tzimmer> M> 3. In homework#2, in part C, in question 1, there is a ration of (b+1)/(b-1)
tzimmer> M> Is this ration correct? I still can't see it.
tzimmer> M>
tzimmer>
tzimmer> This is still a bit of a mystery to me (but can't say that I've had time
tzimmer> to give it much thot..) Probably best answered at this point by the
tzimmer> professor...
tzimmer> 						-terry
tzimmer>