Lecture Notes & Audio & Video (Fall 2011)
Course Goals: To get you to understand ASU/Fulton/CSE culture and
resources; to philosophize on how to be successful at ASU/Fulton/CSE;
to give you an idea of career paths in CSE; and to give a
high-level overview of some neat ideas in CSE.
Efficiency and Complexity
- Lecture of Week 2 on first week impressions, highschool vs. college. Computer Science expected
outcomes. Seague into Complexity.
Engines & Social Networks
data and Databases
Last modified: Fri Nov 18 08:25:04 MST 2011
- 8/24 Introductions
- 8/31 High School vs. University; Start of discussion on
algorithms and efficiency.
- 9/7: Career exploration day preparation; understanding n!*n
vs. n^2 sorting ideas; detour into Gauss; polynomial vs. exponential;
provably hard and tower of hanoi.
- 9/12: *WEDNESDAY* Career day; No regular class on 9/14
- 9/21: Career day post-analysis; P=NP? discussion.